A VIRTUAL Ride Like No Other
September 20, 2020
Anyone can ride as a West End Warrior. Whether you’re an occasional rider, weekend warrior or seasoned cyclist, we have some options for you.
Here are some ways that you can participate!
I ride for three reasons: for health, for pleasure, and to support the front line heroes of the Surgical Program.”
- Jonathan Laceda
Keep checking back here for our suggested independent outdoor routes. We will be uploading them soon. If you do plan to ride outside, please follow the rules of the road listed below. Also, please don’t forget to always adhere to the proper physical distancing guidelines.
If you are planning to ride as a West End Warrior indoors, there are a number of ways you can participate:
Stay tuned for group ride details for event day as well as group training rides!
Join us for a group Peloton class:
Stay tuned for class details as we approach event day!
Join us as we train, prepare and inspire each other to get to the finish line and see your virtually at Cycle 4 St. Joe's - Sunday, September 20, 2020.
If you are on Strava, CLICK HERE to join our Strava Club!
Rules of the Road
- Make sure that your bike is in good working order prior to the ride.
- Bring a sufficient supply of any medications that you might be taking with you.
- Wear a helmet at ALL points in time during the ride. Do not wear earbuds during your ride.
- Ride to the right-most side of the road where it is safe to ride at all times.
- Pass ONLY on the left-hand side of another rider.
- Moderate your speed when approaching an intersection or a turn and keep your hands covering your brake levers.
- Obey ALL traffic laws, stop signs and traffic signals at intersections unless instructed otherwise by police.
- Bring a safety kit with you! This may include a spare tube, pump, cell phone, cash and identification in case of emergency.
Please remember this is a fun ride and not a race, all in support of St. Joe’s!
All registrants must sign the waiver to participate in the ride on September 20, 2020. Parents or legal guardians must sign on behalf of minors.